Okay, as stated in our previous post our delivery got prosponed to the end of March. But today we are happy to say: All missing parts arrived, the finish of Kiskadee is getting there, and all yellow tape/cardboard is protection for finished items. And most important, a reconfirmed schedule.
Jon and Will are the two experienced crewmembers and they join us on our maiden voyage and beyond, all the way to Vancouver. A crew of 4 is so much more relaxed then dual handed sailing for long stretches. They will arrive last week of march and join us in Nha Trang, the delivery and embarkment seaport.
Another aspect of getting finished, all live aboard stuff is bought. Respect to my wife who resisted the temptation to buy the whole hypermarket. Our favorites are:
- Lotte Mart Go Vap hypermarket
- Kohnan Japan home improvement store (second floor inside of Parkson building)
So in general our schedule is:
- Getting up to speed on weather forecasts, currents, local notifications, looking at the forecast, checking it with historical data;
- Looking at our things-to-do list, introducing a new category “not doing it”;
- Technical acceptance while Kiskadee is still at the factory on 20th of march;
- Launching, rigging, factory trails, 22-26 march;
- First Handover and sea trial to Nha Trang, 28 march – 1 april;
- Aftercare, fresh provisioning, crew onboard, final acceptance, 2-5 april;
- Start our journey at the 6th of April.